Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy ZOO Year!

Happy 2012 :) I hope you all had a fun New Year's Eve! Isaac and I kept it low key this year. We got in cozy pajamas, went over to Isaac's brothers house and spent the night in with his family. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law also have a new baby girl, Trinity, who is only 3 weeks older than Sienna. After the the older kids went to bed, the babies and the grown ups watched the ball drop. My New Year's smooch was the best one yet, the Hub on one side and my munchkin on the other. It was a really fun and relaxing night, enjoying time with family. What a difference from our NYE's in the past, but it was just as fun!

The Hub and I spent New Years Day with three of our favorite people, Serena (my BFF and Isaac's cousin), her husband Paul (Isaac's BFF) and their baby girl Mckenzie (Sienna's BFF :) ) who is three months older than Sienna. We all packed up and headed to the San Diego Zoo, for the girl's first trip. It was a gorgeous day, 80 degrees and bright blue skies, picture perfect! It was a pretty epic day for me. As we walked through the exhibits, I watched Isaac holding Sienna, pointing out the animals to her, it really started to sink in that... whoa, I'm a MOM! I couldn't believe that I was at a place where I spent time as a child with my mom, now I have a child of my own. Suddenly, Sienna seemed like such a big girl, no longer a tiny newborn. She's seeing the world for the first time, learning so much, so quickly. I can only imagine what its like to see through her eyes, everything is new, so fascinating and amazing! Seeing the wonder in her eyes is an overwhelming feeling, one of the best feelings. It was a great day!
























No comments:

Post a Comment