Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm alive!

Just a warning, the following post might be TMI for you. If you're grossed out easily, don't read this...

Remember I told you that I had caught Sienna's cold... boy was I wrong! I don't know where or who I got my horrible flu from, but it was bad, baaaaad! It started off as a regular cold, I had that for three days, then all of a sudden (actually, almost immediately after I blogged on Friday) I went down hill, quick! Chills, body aches. high fever, vomiting... and I'll stop there, you get the picture. I had the stomach flu for four days and let me tell you, it was so much worse than any flu I've had before, for one reason; I nursed my munchkin the whole time. It was so hard, but my kid has to eat right? One time after I finished nursing her, I got up to puke and I almost passed out on the way to the bathroom. Somehow I made it to the toilet, thank goodness because that would have been messy! I'm not sure how high my fever was because I never took my temperature, but I think it  was pretty high. The first night, Isaac woke me up around 2am because when he touched me, he thought I wet the bed in my sleep! But when he felt my upper body and head he noticed that my entire body was drenched in sweat, my hair was soaked, literally dripping, it was gross. He asked me if I wanted to change my clothes but I mumbled- no. I know that sounds disgusting but I couldn't move, my body was so sore, my bones ached... my goosebumps hurt! After a couple days the fever went down and I slowly started to get better. Finally, I think I'm completely better today :)

Shout out to any sick Mamas, you are superwomen!
Also, shout out to great husbands, who help with EVERYTHING while we're feeling so horrible.

Next year, I'm getting my flu shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment