Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baby number 2?

A couple days ago, a thought popped into my head that stopped me in my tracks.

"I think we should try for another baby soon."

I couldn't believe I was actually thinking this, considering I just went to the doctors to get birth control. But for a second, the idea made so much sense.

-I'm not working right now, it's perfect timing!
-Sienna LOVES when we visit her cousins, might as well give her a sibling to play with all of the time.
-The clock's a tickin'. We aren't getting any younger, we need to have our kids NOW.

But when I said all of this out loud to the Hub I instantly knew, I'm so not ready.
I'm not ready to be pregnant again... it's absolutely amazing, but it's hard work!
I'm not ready to give birth again... that's REALLY hard work!
oh, yeah, I don't think we are financially ready either, seeing that I just got laid off!
But mostly, I'm not ready to split my attention between two little Loves.

So after a moment of clarity, not even enough time for Isaac to respond, I retracted my statement. Never mind hunny, just kidding! The thought of not being able to give Sienna my undivided attention, quickly changed my mind. I'm not ready for that. I love marveling over all of her "firsts". I love that right now she is the center of our world. This is the only time that we will have only one child, this is our first time being parents, I want to relish in this moment for a while. One day we'll add to our family (God willing) and I'm excited for that day. But right now, I am happier than I've ever been and I am going to enjoy our family of three until we're ready to become a family of four.

No comments:

Post a Comment