Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Babymoon

I just want to jump into these pictures! They look so relaxing, so peaceful... that's exactly what I'm in need of.


The Hub and I have decided that we are going on a BABYMOON! You know, like a Honeymoon, but instead of going after you get married, you go after you get pregnant :) We thought it would be the perfect opportunity to have one last vacation before our family of 2 becomes a family of 3! We aren't sure where we are going yet, but we know we have to stay close to home. Since we are on a budget, we have to keep it pretty low key, no jet setting to Europe or some far away island! We've been trying to think of places in California we'd like to visit but since we've done a bit of traveling in our neck of the woods, we're running out of ideas.

We've been to:
Anaheim
Catalina Island
San Francisco
Santa Monica
San Luis Obispo
every desert you can think of in San Diego County

I'd love to go up to Napa Valley to enjoy the beautiful scenery and endless amounts of wineries... but I'm knocked up and I'm pretty sure it's frowned upon to go wine tasting while growing a baby. If you aren't able to enjoy a glass or two of wine, you might as well not even go to Napa (well at least that's my take on it)! So that's out of the question.

Then we thought about Mexico! We're in San Diego, we're right next door, so that's a possibility. Then we thought about if I (God forbid) have some sort of problem and need to be seen by a doctor or have to go to a hospital, I'd much rather be in our country and be able to speak the language of whoever is taking care of me and my little one. So Mexico is crossed off our list.

We are still brain storming.

Our Babymoon location criteria is as follows:
needs to be pregnant lady friendly
safe for Mama and baby
exciting enough for the Hub
relaxing enough for me
close to home, preferably in CA
can't break the bank

I know, that is a tall order but we'll make it work!
Let me know if you guys have any ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment