Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dear Sienna,

Hi Love,
We are only 6 weeks away from meeting you! Daddy and I have been so busy getting your room ready for you. I think you are going to love it, it's so pretty! We made sure to fill it with things that are very special. Your Auntie brought you all sorts of goodies back from her trip to Europe! An adorable dress from France, a onsie from Amsterdam, pink glittery shoes from Holland, you already have such cool stuff! She also brought you a sweet little stuffed bear back from Barcelona and he is waiting for you in your crib. A cute squirrel is resting above your crib so he can watch over you, he was your Grandma's, we know she is smiling down from heaven :) We hung pretty pink rosary beads that Daddy and I got in Rome on our honeymoon. We have a few things to finish up but everything is just about done.

You and I have become so close over these months. I talk to you constantly and I know you listen. You know what is really weird... Daddy says that sometimes, when he kisses or hugs me, he can smell you. He says that I smell like a baby. Sometimes I think he is crazy, but maybe he is already getting to know you just like I am. I can't wait to see what kind of personality you'll have. I'm guessing you are going to be extremely active, since you have been the whole time you've been in my belly. Will you be soft spoken like Dad or outgoing like me? Will you like to explore the world, will you be adventurous? Will you have a special love for the ocean like Daddy? Whatever you'll be like, we will be proud. We want to give you all of the opportunities in the world, to do whatever you want, to be whoever you want.

I dream of you all of the time. I see your hair and pretty eyelashes, but mostly I see your tiny fingers. I can't wait to hold them and kiss them. So many people are anxiously waiting for you. Up until a couple weeks ago, I was the most anxious of all. I wished that time would speed up and you could just be here already. Not anymore. I've found a peace and calm that I didn't have before. In some way, I think you gave it to me. I am enjoying every moment that leads up to your birth. I know that you will come when you are completely ready and I don't want to do anything to rush that. You will pick your birthday and until then, I will be enjoying our time together, closer than we will ever be again. I will always treasure these moments. I will never forget how this feels. It feels amazing.

I love you so much baby girl.
♥ Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment