Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I hope all of you wonderful Mommy's had a great Mother's Day weekend!

Since I'm technically not a mother yet I wasn't really expecting to get any special treatment for the day. But I guess it was Mother's-to-be Day in our house yesterday! When I woke up, I walked into the living room and the Hub was arranging the most beautiful bunch of flowers. I was really surprised because I knew he hadn't left the house that morning and the flowers weren't laying around the day before. He told me later that he hid them in the garage, sneaky! I thought that was my Mother's Day treat, but he wasn't done yet. He made me my favorite cranberry-orange breakfast bread and coffee and we sat in our pajamas and talked about Sienna for a while, it was perfect. After we drank our coffee, he went into the kitchen and told me not to look at what he was preparing. He pulled out a couple bags from the fridge that he had previously told me not to look in. A short while later he brought out the most delicious looking fruit and chocolate fondue breakfast! He got major points for that because for the last week I have been talking about how I've been craving chocolate dipped fruit. We started chowing down and I realized that he had cut the fruit into heart-shaped pieces, his awesome hubby points were of the chart at that point! We spent the rest of the day lounging around and in the evening we had a date night in with dinner and a movie. Everything was so yummy, so relaxed and romantic, it was such a perfect Mommy-to-be Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment