Thursday, February 2, 2012

My little chef


"What, you want me to cook dinner!?"



Most days, this is what making dinner looks like in our house. Sienna LOVES to watch me while I'm cooking. When I was younger, I never cooked with my mom, I mean never! When it was time for her to cook, that was my que to get out of the kitchen, not because she was being mean, she was just trying to be more efficient. Yes, I'm sure you can whip up a meal a lot faster without a little one making a mess or asking a million questions. But to me, that extra effort to include your child while cooking is worth a few extra minutes in the kitchen. It teaches them responsibility, team work and I'm sure they'll appreciate each meal much more when they help prepare it. I can't wait for the day when Sienna can do more than watch me cook, we're going to have so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment