Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'M ENGAGED!

After 13 years of friendship and 5 1/2 years of a fabulous relationship, Isaac asked me to be his wife :) and here's how it happened...

It was March 29th, a typical Monday workday, I got home from work around 5:30pm. When I walked through the door Isaac was sitting in the living room waiting for me. I gave him a kiss and hug and he told me to put my sandals on and to come out to the back yard with him. That wasn't completely out of the ordinary because when we get home from work we usually go out to the yard and water the plants or just hang out, but not usually the very second I walk in the door. Even though I was still in my work clothes, I kicked off my heels, put on my flip flops and followed him outside. Right away Isaac started walking into the lawn and I was thinking- what's he doing? But then I noticed a blanket laying in the grass way out in the middle of the lawn, so I started walking towards it as Isaac motioned for me to follow him. We got to the blanket and I saw that he had made sandwiches for us. I thought it was a little unusual because that was normally the time I'd start making dinner but he told me that he didn't have lunch that day and he was really hungry so he couldn't wait til dinner, so that curbed my suspicions of anything weird going on. It was a PERFECT day, the warm sun was out with big fluffy clouds in the sky, we were lounging on a cozy blanket under our favorite tree and the birds were singing so loudly! As we ate our sandwiches we talked about work, the weather, how we need a lawn mower, lots of random stuff! Then we laid down and just enjoyed each other, we cuddled, kissed and then... as were laying on our tummies looking at each other, he started to say the sweetest things. In the middle of telling me how much he loved me and bunch of other sweet things that were melting my heart, he reached his arm under the blanket and pulled out a little box! With that adorable smile on his face, he opened the box and said, "Will you marry me"! I was completely silent (I know that's hard to believe) my heart was pounding out of my chest and I thought my cheeks were going to explode from smiling so hard! After a few seconds of me smiling and saying NOTHING, Isaac was still holding the box with the most beautiful sparkling ring I'd ever seen. He said, "Do you like it?" I broke my silence and said, YES! I'm not sure if I was saying yes I'd marry him or yes I liked the ring... I think it was yes to both questions! He put the ring on my finger and we both stared at if for a bit. There were no tears, just happy smiles and a million I-love-you's, until.... I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him all over his face and we laid there holding each other so tightly. As I had him in my arms I

(sorry I have to take a break because I'm friggin crying just thinking about it!)

As I had him in my arms, I had my eyes closed and I started remembering all of the things that made me fall in love with him... when we were little kids and he smiled that sweet smile at me, how we held hands when nobody was looking. As we got older and I hadn't seen him in a while how I'd get butterflies when he'd walk in the room. The first time he kissed me, he lightly put his hand under my chin and tilted my face up towards his, it was the best kiss I've EVER had, my whole body went numb. I couldn't believe the man that I've loved for so long had just asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. Tears started to stream down my face, Isaac looked at me and his eyes filled up as he hugged me even tighter.

I will never forget that moment. I am the luckiest girl in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment