Friday, April 16, 2010

The Dress

As you all know, my best friend just got married a couple months ago and I went with her to her last fitting at Prevue. As I was standing there surrounded by a ton of gowns, one particular dress caught my eye. Standing by the big mirrors, under the bright lights was a manikin with the most beautiful dress. The entire time I was there, I couldn't keep my eyes off of it! Keep in mind, I wasn't engaged yet! I told myself, "Whenever I get married, that is MY dress". But I wasn't there for me, I was there for Serena, so I kept my mouth shut and didn't mention anything about the dress to anyone. As we were finishing up, getting ready to leave Serena pointed to the exact same dress I had been drooling over for an hour and said, "I've always pictured you getting married in a dress like that". Damn she's good! So I quickly admitted that I had been looking at it the whole time we were there!

Not even a week after I got engaged Serena and I went back to Prevue and I tried it on. When I stepped up to the big mirrors and saw myself, my heart started pounding so hard I thought everyone in the room could hear it! My stomach had the worst case of butterflies and I totally had the "this is THE dress" feeling. I had no desire to try on any more dresses EVER, I knew I had found the right one. However, I did try on two more dresses just to say that I did, but they didn't even come close! One week later I came back to try the dress on for my dad, my friend Danney and Serena's mom Virgi... all those warm fuzzy feelings came right back and I knew they could see it on my face. They all loved it and agreed that it was THE one! We put the order in that same day. Man, I can't wait for Isaac to see me wearing it!!! Here's a sneak peek...
It's hard to see the gorgeous details in pictures, I can't wait for you all to see it in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment