Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just Ask

Last night, before I drifted off to sleep, I said my prayers. It's pretty much been a part of my bedtime routine since I was about 3 years old, when my mom would lay in bed with me and pray with me. She said I would go on and on for minutes saying "God bless Mommy, God bless Grandma, God bless the mailman, God bless the neighbors..." and that was the extent of my "prayers". Now, I just talk to God. It's just me and him, a time for me to express my hopes, dreams, worries and fears. Sometimes it takes me 2 minutes, other times 20 minutes. Sometimes, I am so tired, I fall asleep while praying and I don't even get to finish... I try not to do that! Well, last night I asked for something I haven't asked for or even thought of asking for in a really long time. Since being pregnant, I have gone thru so many changes physically. I have been so tired and so sick, most days it's a struggle just to get the normal things done, at work and at home. I feel like I have little to no motivation for anything. I understand that my body is going thru a lot of changes and I should be taking it easy. But the fact is, I still have a job that I need to work hard at, a home that needs to be cleaned, errands that need to be done. Just because I am pregnant, I can't neglect every other aspect of my life. I realized I needed a little help. So last night I prayed for strength and motivation. Strength- to get thru the times when I'm not feeling well and motivation- to work hard and give it my all at the office and at home. Let me tell you, today has been a great day! I have felt pretty good all day and have been so motivated at work, I have gotten so much done! It feels so awesome!

Sometimes I forget that when I need a little help, all I have to do is ask. It's so simple :)

Now I have to get back to being productive!
♥ JG

No comments:

Post a Comment