Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A new life

It's been a while, I don't even know where to start! So much has changed since my last post. Everything has changed, I now have a new life.

On September 12th we welcomed our beautiful daughter, Sienna Noelle. She was 8 pounds, 2 ounces, 20 inches long and absolutely perfect. She came into this world with her eyes wide open. The moment I looked into her bright eyes, my life was changed forever. My heart instantly doubled in size to accommodate all of my love for her. I had never experienced something so beautiful as the moment I saw her in her Daddy's arms, with his lip quivering and tears dripping. It was then that I realized how amazingly blessed I am. It was no longer just the two of us, she completed our world in one instant.

Motherhood is more than wonderful. The love that a child brings to your life is unexplainable. Sienna has brought me even closer to her father than ever before, my love for him has once again changed. I now have a whole new kind of love for him, a deeper, closer, sweeter kind of love. I am crazy in love with my little family.

While she was in my belly I dreamed of her cute little fingers and pretty eyelashes, they are exactly as I pictured. She has her Dad's funny eyebrows and my pointed left ear. She grunts like an old man, always has her pinky pointed like a lady and she smirks to one side to show off her big dimple.

I've had many people ask me about Sienna's birth, I will share the story one day when I'm ready, just not now. The thought of putting that day into words and reliving it in my mind, still seems a bit overwhelming to me. From the moment she was born she was a fighter, she is so strong. Most importantly, she is healthy and happy. There is so much I can say about her. She seems so wise and everyday I learn so much from her. She is teaching me how to be a wonderful mother. Sienna is amazing, I am so honored to be her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment